Per my new normal, my life is moving way too fast. My stress level has reached a new high (more like low). I'm constantly going and/or doing and my to-do list has turned into many lists. I hit that painful "wall" earlier this week and I hit it hard. Even though I was in a "bad" place and I still don't have all the answers, hitting that wall was actually a release. One of my lessons is that I've got to remember to live in the present moment. It's really all we've got. I've pulled out the two Eckhart Tolle books I own and I'm reviewing them to help reinforce this lesson. So my current "present" was my brother's annual halloween party. I just wanted to enjoy the people, party and moment AND I DID!
This is not to say that Africa planning doesn't continue. I went for round two of my vaccinations on Thursday and I'm supposed to be researching trip insurance for myself and Paula.
A couple of Africa issues have contributed to my stress. One being I'm not sure what my role will be in the orphanage and the other being the recent bombings in Nairobi. You have to dig really deep for this information because it's not front page news. I usually get my first notification on my Twitter account and then go to BBC news on the internet and click on the Africa link. My fear and emotions run deep.
So another realization I had this week is that I find it VERY difficult to ask for help. My request is for any of you who read this to please take a moment and say a prayer for me, Paula and the entire medical team for a safe, productive and happy trip.
Some inspirations this week:
- God led me to this, I will continue to do the legwork and I will surrender outcomes.
- Enjoy the fruits of my labor (thank you Aunt Kay).
- I am equal to this challenge (thank you Dorna).
The two Eckhart Tolle books I mentioned above are very powerful:
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
Thank you and God bless you.


Love the Halloween pictures. The one of April and rus was extra good. As far as your trip, You don't have to worry about such things. we are all with you 100% of the way.
ReplyDeleteU Marty
I sm sure glad you froggered out how to put captions under your pictures.
ReplyDeleteU Marty