Venice, Italy

Dubai, UAE

Paris, France

Cancun, Mexico

Athens, Greece

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tano

As I mentioned in a previous post, Paula said she wants to visit an elephant orphanage during our layover in Nairobi.  Preliminary information states that we can only visit the orphanage from 12-1:00 p.m. daily.  With the flight and safari information we had at the time, it began to look like we couldn't fit this in, and Paula didn't think we should spend an extra night in Nairobi for just one hour at the elephant orphanage.  I don't know if she needed to hear it from me but I told her visiting the elephant orphanage was definitely worth spending another night in Nairobi.

Paula was "off and running" and learned that if we each foster a baby elephant we can stay later at the orphanage to put our foster babies to bed, put their blankies on them, pet them, and sing them a lullaby.  For a $50 annual fee you can foster an elephant at www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/ and choose from a large list of orphans.  It's rather obvious why I chose Tano.  Isn't she adorable?  I can't wait to meet her!








Sweet dreams "little" baby Tano!

No comments:

Post a Comment