Tuesday
We (Paula and me) finally got our e-tickets today. We were the last of the team to get our tickets since we're the only two going on safari and we had to finalize our plans/dates. Our original plans fell through when the travel agency informed our coordinator that we couldn't leave Nairobi on the day we had planned. The coordinator wanted us to leave a day earlier but Paula and I talked and decided to leave a day later. We are both of the mindset that we don't know when or if we'll ever get back to Africa so lets do everything we can while we're there. Here's our flight itinerary:
1/4/12 - Depart DIA to Washington DC to Brussels to Rwanda (we arrive in Kigali on 1/5/12)
1/21/12 - Depart Nairobi International to Zurich to O'Hare in Chicago to DIA (and still get home on the 21st)
I also went to my Tuesday night class I've been taking at my church. I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm enjoying this class so much. Since we live waaayyy out in the suburbs I have to pack a bag with a change of clothes if I have any plans after work.
Seriously, how many bags does a girl need to walk out the door with every morning???
Wednesday
The day was dubbed root canal Wednesday. I admit I'm the BIGGEST baby when it comes to the dentist and needles but guess what, I did so good! No sedation and no tears! At least one more follow-up appointment requiring needles but I'm not going to sweat it - at least not until the day of the appointment so send good vibes out into the universe for me.
Thursday
I must not have thought I had enough needle action yesterday because today was my first appointment of three to begin my Africa vaccination regimen. My DIL, who's a nurse told me to expect shots in my arms, thighs and perhaps buttocks. I knew immediately I'd be needing cartoon bandaids and a sucker afterward. I ended up getting five shots; four in my left arm and one in my right arm. Here's what I got:
1. DPT Booster
2. Polio Booster
3. Hep A #1 of 3
4. Hep B #1 of 3
5. Yellow Fever
I also picked up three prescriptions for:
1. Malarone for Malaria
2. Cypro for Infection
3. Vivotif for Typhoid
The cursed flu shot is scheduled for next week and round two of my vaccination regimen is scheduled in another month.
OUCH!!!
Saturday
Well the leaves are changing in our neck of the woods so we took a hawg ride to Fairplay. We didn't get quite that far, about 20 miles shy of our destination, but beautiful nonetheless. We rode Tan to work and then met April, Jack, Ash and Jaxon there for a very enjoyable family dinner!
Have a GREAT week my family and friends! I'm so thankful to have you all in my life!
I hope Pet is halping you on with the chaps, and not ripping them off you again?
ReplyDelete