Venice, Italy

Dubai, UAE

Paris, France

Cancun, Mexico

Athens, Greece

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Friday, 1/20/12 - Our Last Day in Africa

I debated whether or not to even make this post because I hate goodbyes. We have one last morning game drive before Robert takes us to the landing strip in the middle of the Masai Mara to meet our little safari plane that will take us back to Nairobi. Below are pictures from our last game drive and yes, another puncture (as they call them in Africa).













We in fact met our little safari plane that had picked up a few others at various landing strips along the way. We were deposited at a small airport in Nairobi that we didn't even enter and collected our luggage right off the tarmac. We were again met by our guide Linda, at this little airport. Per our pre-planned agenda we had a very nice dinner at the Carnivore in Nairobi. We had been advised against this with the new British travel warning but the Carnivore was practicing very tight security due to the large party they had planned that night on their expansive grounds. Of note, Paula and I refused most of the meat served such as ostrich, croc and zebra after our safari (neither one of us being big meat-eaters anyway). After our dinner we were taken to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) for our 12:30 a.m. flight to Zurich. This brings me full circle to my, 'I'm Back and Blogging' post.

Sadly, the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment